Arts of Tolland has announced the details of its pumpkin carving contest. Final judging is slated for Oct. 24.
Here are the particulars:
• Entry is free and there is a limit of two pumpkin entries per child in grades K through 5.
• All pumpkins must be carved and completed before being dropped off. Pumpkins may only be illuminated by battery-operated or glow stick-style lights. Candles will not be allowed.
• All pumpkins in the contest must be dropped off at the Arts Center of Tolland, 22 Tolland Green, between 3 and 6 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 23.
• Judging will take place on October 24. Pumpkins will be on display and awards announced on Thursday evening, October 24, between 5:30 and 7:00 p.m. in conjunction with the town's Trick-or-Treat event on Thursday, Oct. 24.
• First prize is $25, Second and third prizes are gift certificates to Sweet Frog of Tolland.
• To register, call Arts of Tolland at 860-871-7405 and leave a participating child’s full name, grade and number of pumpkins he or she will be entering. Information can also be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• All pumpkins must be picked up Thursday, Oct. 24, between 7 and 8 p.m. or Saturday, Oct. 26, between 3 and 4:30 p.m. Pumpkins not picked up by 4:30 on Saturday will be discarded.