Here is a summary of the latest Planning and Zoning Commission activity as outlined in the latest town manager's report to the Town Council:
• The PZC and Economic Development Commission held a joint meeting on Sept. 9 to discuss signage with Glenn Chalder of Planimetrics. This discussion will continue at the PZC meeting on Oct. 28. • A site plan extension at 317 Merrow Road was approved.
• A request for a site plan revision to construct three sheds at 24 Hartford Turnpike was approved.
• Staff members are continuing to work on regulations to allow “major” Home Occupations under certain circumstances to accommodate larger businesses in a manner consistent with residential neighborhoods.
• The PZC heard a presentation by Lifestyles Unlimited regarding a concept plan for an Assisted Living facility.
• The PZC continues to discuss erosion and sedimentation control issues regarding a large amount of pile deposited at Somerset Woods off of Old Post Road.