1. Here's one for family-friendly Friday night entertainment: the annual Mr. THS show is tonight, Friday, March 22, at 7 in the high school auditorium. Come watch at 14 high school senior boys do their best to win the title of Mr. THS 2013. Past performances have included young men performing .
Tickets are $7 and can be purchased at the door. If you go, don't forget to upload videos and photos of your favorite skits to Tolland Patch's Pics & Clips so that they can be compiled into a gallery for all to admire.
Can't make it? Don't sweat it. Follow the good natured competition on Twitter @Mr_THS_2013.
2. The Tolland Intermediate School Scholastic Book Fair starts today, Friday, March 22 and will continue through March 28. The book fair is Time to get your book list ready!
3. Don't forget to pre-order your spring plantings from the North Central Conservation District. There is a selection of trees, shrubs, perennials, and edibles, most native to Connecticut, available, along with evergreen and deciduous tree seedlings, and CT compost, too. Orders must be in by April 3.
4. If you enjoy cycling and spinning is one of your favorite aerobic activities, the Indian Valley YMCA gives you an opportunity to enjoy your favorite activity and raise money for the YMCA's LiveStrong Cancer Survivor Program.
From 8 a.m. until noon, the Indian Valley Y is hosting the Bike for the Battle event. If you know three other people who enjoy spinning as much as you, put a team together and head on over to Ellington Sunday morning.
5. If you're not ready to let go of the weekend and you have music in your heart, make your way to Birch Grove Primary School at 4 p.m. on Sunday for the Arts from the Heart LLC celebration featuring recording artist Gerry Dignan. The event is perfect for parents and children 8 years old and younger. By your tickets in advance for a discount.