This weekend is all about music, relaxation and feeding your mind, body and soul. Enjoy and rejuvenate after a long week of mixed weather, traffic jams and hectic schedules.
1. Who couldn't use a night out? Well, the town recreation department has created a special evening for all the ladies in town. Professional manicures, a chair massage, a facial, wine and hors d’oeuvres and all in town on Saturday night. C'mon. What are you waiting for? Click here for the registration information.
2. If listening to a good band in a cool setting is more your style, stop by the Arts of Tolland on Saturday night to hear Horizon Blue. Performing music described as "conversational and inviting," the band plays a variety of tunes that can be referred to as having an acoustic Americana-style.
3. Take Note! an a cappella ensemble of 23 singers from Connecticut's Quiet Corner will perform music that will nurture the soul Sunday afternoon at the United Congregational Church of Tolland on the green.
4. If you prefer Celtic music, you'll be pleased to know that Celtic Nights will perform two shows, Friday and Saturday night, at the Jorgensen Center for the Performing Arts, in Storrs.
5. So you've had enough wine, music and relaxation and now you just want some good local food. The Storrs Winter Farmers Market is open on Saturday at the Mansfield Public Library from 3 p.m. until 5 p.m.