The leaves are turning all over Tolland, and if the weather holds, it could be the perfect fall weekend!
And fortunately, there are plenty of ways for Tolland residents to spend a picturesque, autumnal Saturday or Sunday:
1. The Tolland Fire Department will be welcoming Tolland residents at its open house, scheduled for 10 a.m. on Saturday at the Fire Training Center. In addition to viewing the department's trucks, residents will also be able to participate in the free car seat safety check.
2. Are you a fan of tractors? Or a master of the grill? Then you should also stop by The Country Butcher's open house and Antique Tractor/Engine show this Saturday. Try out free samples of grilled Certified Angus Beef Strip Loin and Sirloin steak, as well as complimentary hot dogs, pulled pork sandwiches and more. Tractors and engines will also be on display. The event starts at 10 a.m.
3. Folk music fans should mark the "Boys in Hats" concert on their calendar. The concert, scheduled for 7 p.m. on October 13, will be held at the United Congregational Church of Tolland.
4. Tolland residents with a green thumb are invited to attend the Tolland Garden Paths Annual Harvest Gathering, starting at 12:30 p.m. on Sunday at The Lodge at Crandall Park. The potluck lunch will feature speaker Susan N. Munger, author of Common to this Country: Botanical Discoveries of Lewis & Clark.
5. Yes, the holiday season is closer than you think! The Hicks-Stearns Family Museum is getting into the spirit early with a Christmas Card Workshop for adults on Sunday at 2 p.m. For $10, participants will receive materials to make two cards, an ornament and a stocking.
Is there another event going on in Tolland this weekend? Add it to our events calendar!
Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone every day with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.