Presented by Trantolo & Trantolo, our 2012 ride is led by Grand Marshal Kevin Hogan of WFSB and members of the Channel 3 Eyewitness News Team. The ride begins at TSI Harley Davidson in Ellington and ends at Sun Valley Resort in Stafford Springs.
Event day registration and pre-ride party:
- 9:00am to 11:30am at TSI Ellington Harley–Davidson, Buell (398 Somers Road)
- Take time to grab some coffee, check out our prizes for the day, and enjoy live entertainment by the WPLR Breakfast Band.
- The pre-party also features an A.M. meet & greet reception with WFSB Channel 3 personalities, don’t forget your camera! The breakfast reception is an additional $5 for registered riders and $10 for non-riders.
The escorted ride will leave promptly at 12:00pm, traveling over 40 miles through scenic Connecticut until reaching Sun Valley Beach Resort in Stafford Springs (51 Old Springfield Road).
The after ride party:
- Features a home-style barbeque by the beach, the Trantolo Girls, prize drawings, vendors, live music, contests and a chainsaw demo by artist from Sickline Carving with the chance to win an original piece created during event.
- The afternoon music stage welcomes Arizona Maid Band, Quintera and Cold Train with WPLR emcees Chaz & AJ in the Morning. Each band has generously donated their time and talent to entertain us all afternoon. Don’t ride? Go to the after party, kicking off at approximately 1:00pm, with an open invitation to the public.
Participants have the chance to win a number of valuable prizes including a $1000 TSI Harley Davidson gift certificate (for pre-registered riders before Friday July 6, courtesy of TSI), gas grill door prize from Superior Energy as well as motorcycle gear, set of tires from Town Fair Tire, gift certificates, memorabilia, tickets and much more!
2012 event sponsors are essential to our success: Presenting sponsor Trantolo & Trantolo, TSI Harley Davidson, 99.1 PLR, Bozzuto’s Inc., Sun Valley Resort, LB Electrical Services, WFSB Channel 3, the Mansions at Hockanum Crossing, Howland & Sargent Insurance Agency, Stafford Mechanical Services and Scranton Motors.
All bikes, riders, clubs and walk-ins are welcome and encouraged to participate. Event registration donation is just $30 per bike or couple. Riders may pre-register online at www.channel3kidscamp.org/ride, in person at TSI Harley Davidson or by calling 860-742-CAMP (2267).
100% of proceeds will benefit year round programs and services offered at the Channel 3 Kids Camp.
The Benefit Ride will make it possible for all children to experience year-round camp programming without financial restrictions. Your participation will also help open the ‘Camp for all Kids’ by building Ashley’s Place, a cabin to accommodate special needs children with a 24-hours nurse and health area.