Check out the latest in biomolecular, chemical and material engineering at The Innovation Connection, being held Thursday, July 26 at Nerac.
Nerac and are co-hosting the event with the UConn School of Engineering. It starts at 3 p.m. with presentations from UConn engineering students who have been enrolled in a research program that explores both academic research and how success in the laboratory can affect commercial development, according to the event press release.
The projects to be presented include:
- Composites for Biomedical Applications, Teleflex Medical
- Forward Osmosis for Desalination and Water Reuse, Oasys Water
- Reaction Networks for Zeolites to Model Fluid Catalytic Cracking Kinetics, W.R., Grace and Co.
- Thermally Integrated Water-Gas Shift Reactors, FuelCell Energy
- Transformative Research in Solar Energy Harvesting, Scitech Solar
- 100% utilization of Brown Grease for Biodiesel Production, Bridgeport Biodiesel
- Functionalized Nanostructured Carbons for Energy Conversion and Storage, Physical Sciences, Inc.
- Photo-initiated Chemical Vapor Deposition of Hydrogels, GVD Corporation
- Physical Properties and Transport in Pentablock Ionomers, Kraton Polymers LLC
- Development of Advanced Fire-retardant Nanomaterials, United Technologies Research Center
There will be an opportunity for networking from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.