1. According to Weather.com, the Tolland forecast calls for rain and scattered thunderstorms in the afternoon. The high will reach 67°F. Tonight, there will be showers and a few thunderstorms. The low will reach 59°F.
2. It's another busy weekend in Tolland. Here are a few things to mark down in your calendar for a fun outing.
On Sunday, October 16 the Tolland Conservation Commission and Conserving Tolland will be holding a guided hike of the King Riverside Conservation Area, a 173-acre parcel that has borders on the Willimantic River. Turn onto Dimmock Road and park in the lot on the right for the 1 p.m. tour, guided by Charles King. Visit the Conservation Commission's Web site for more information.
3. Come learn more about the links and connections in the genetic history of human beings at the , hosted by the French-Canadian Genealogical Society on Saturday, October 15 at 1 p.m. at the . Dr. Shellee A. Morehead will be speaking at the lecture.
4. The kids are joining in the fun this weekend, as well. The Tolland Junior Women's Club is sponsoring a for fifth-graders and their adult guests on Friday, October 14 at 7 p.m. at . There will be music and refreshments available. Contact Kathy Aldrich at 860-870-0306 for more information.
5. For quiet and focused relaxation, head over to on Saturday, October 15 at 1 p.m. for a session entitled . Richard Gould will teach the group how to use and harness energy. No previous experience is required. The class costs $45.