1. According to Weather.com, the forecast for Tolland calls for a high of 58ºF with a 50% chance of showers through 9 a.m. Showers may begin again at 6 p.m., leading to a partly-cloudy evening with an overnight low will be 41ºF.
2. Mark your calendars for Saturday, April 23, when the Easter Bunny will be making a visit to the Tolland Public Library. From 10:30 to 11:30 a.m., children ages 3 and older are invited to an . Sign-up is requested, so stop by the library or call 860-871-3620 to let them know you're coming.
3. In case you are unaware, events at the Tolland Senior Center are open to members, as well as drop-ins. If you’ve considered joining the center, today is a good day to come by, as there is so much happening. The starts at noon and offers seniors a meal for only $3. There are also , , and activities taking place throughout the day. Click on the blue links for more information, or call the center at 860-870-3730.
4. The State of Connecticut announced five upcoming public forums on development to be conducted throughout the state during the months of April and May. These forums will provide Connecticut residents an opportunity to give feedback on exchange design as well as learn about the purpose and functions of an exchange. Meetings will be held in Hartford, New London, New Haven, Danbury, and Windham. For more information, visit www.ct.gov/opm/exchangegrant.
5. Today in history, April 20, 1912, the first game at Boston’s Fenway Park took place. It was the Red Sox vs. the Highlanders (now know as the Yankees) and the Red Sox prevailed with a 7-6 victory. Besides some renovations over the years, including added seats and decks, the addition of scoreboards, lights and other upgrades, it is said that the park is basically the same as it was 99 years ago. If you’re interested in the history of the stadium, take note that during game days and non-game days, Fenway Park offers 50-minute, historic, guided walking tours of the ballpark. For a schedule and pricing, visit http://mlb.mlb.com/bos/ballpark/tour.jsp. Photos, history, milestones, rosters, schedules, stats, news, videos and tickets can all be found on the Web site, as well. With 2,291,774 “likes,” Facebook is also a great place to keep track of everything Red Sox related.