1. According to Weather.com, the forecast for Tolland calls for a high of 74ºF under sunny skies. The overnight low will be 50ºF and partly cloudy, with a 20-percent chance of precipitation.
2. takes place today at Pleasantview Farms in nearby Somers. From 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., a variety of workshops, as well as demonstrations, herb walks, a bake sale, plant sales, activities and other entertainment, will be held. Admission is $10 per person, or $8 with the donation of a non-perishable food item or pet food item. Donations of other pet-related items, such as blankets, towels, paper towels and pet toys, will also be accepted. Children under 12 are free, and those over 70 are also free. Visit HerbFestCT.com for more information.
3. Today is the first Saturday of the month, which means it’s time for at the Tolland Public Library. Children ages 2 - 8 are welcome to stop in at 10:30 a.m. for a story, followed by a craft project. This program is free and is open to Tolland and out-of-town residents.
4. Award-winning artist will be exhibiting her work at the today, with an opening reception taking place from noon to 2 p.m. All are invited. Additional exhibit days will be on Saturdays through June 25. Visit the above link for more information.
5. In a press release from the Connecticut DEP, homeowners are being advised on the safety of pesticide use this spring to prevent harm to the environment and public health. For all the details on this year’s bumper crop of mosquitoes along with the usual garden pests that appear each spring and summer, read the full here.