Beginning Monday, pistol permit applications for Tolland residents will be temporarily accepted at the Tolland Fire Department Training Center, state police said on Thursday.
The training center is located at 191 Merrow Rd. The temporary arrangement is necessary because of a staffing issue at the Resident State Trooper's Office.
Applications can be brought to the training center Monday through Thursday (except holidays) between 8:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Only completed, notarized DPS-799-C application forms will be accepted, state police said on Thursday.
The office will be closed on Sept. 19.
State police said they wanted to remind applicants of several guidelines:
• Completed, notarized application forms must be accompanied by two separate checks. No cash or credit cards will be accepted:
1. A check payable to TREASURER, STATE OF CONNECTICUT in the amount of $50. 2. A check payable to TREASURER, STATE OF CONNECTICUT in the amount of $16.50.
• Applicants must also provide:
1. A copy of their Firearms Safety & Use Course Certificate.
2. A copy of proof they are legally and lawfully in the United States (for example, copy of birth certificate, U.S. passport or documentation issued by I.C.E.).
3. A completed and signed fingerprint card.
• Fingerprinting for residents of Tolland may be completed at the Tolland Resident Trooper’s Office (as available), at the Tolland State Police Troop C barracks, located at 1320 Tolland Stage Road, any day at either 7:15 a.m. or 3:15 p.m., or at DESPP Headquarters, located at 1111 Country Club Rd., Middletown, during normal business hours.
State police said that applicants need to have collected all the documentation necessary before turning in an application. Incomplete applications will not be accepted, state police said.