Tolland High School athletes on the boys and girls indoor track teams took home multiple honors after competing in the Connecticut Central Conference last weekend.
Coach Corey Bernier said that the teams earned:
- Second place overall and first in the CCC East (girls indoor track)
- Eighth place overall and second in the CCC East (boys indoor track)
- Boys sprint medley relay team of Ray Tetreault, Alex Medina, Keenan Devaney, and TJ Day took first in the event and earned All-Conference
- Colin Sauter placed third in the 3200 meter relay, earning All-Conference
- 4x400 meter relay team of Jenna Olander, Julia Sprout, Maddy Frattaroli , and Kelsey Swanson took first place and earned All-Conference
- 4 x 800 meter relay team of Molly Kozlowski, Alyssa Hurlburt, Julia Sprout, Alexa Krause earned second and All-Conference
- Sprint medley relay team of Maddy Frattaroli, Jenny Jacobs, Kelsey Swanson, Julia Sprout came in second and earned All-Conference.
Bernier said that this is the first state championship that the girls indoor track team has won.
"I was pleased with how the meet went," he said. "We had numerous kids get personal bests, and we were able to score a lot big points at a highly competitive meet."
The teams are gearing up for the Class M State Championship slated for Thursday, Feb. 7. Bernier doesn't expect the snowy weather to stop the student-athletes for training hard for their next meet.
"Our kids are very self-motivated," he said. "I bet a big chunk of them are out training before the roads are covered."
Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone every day with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.
Do you have photos of the track team that you'd like to share? Add them to our photo gallery above!