The large majority of Tolland's 2012 senior class said that college was the plan after graduating high school.
According to a report on the class presented at this week's school board meeting, out of the 226 THS students that graduated last June, 65 percent said they were planning to go to four-year schools, with another 23 percent heading to two-year colleges or vocational programs.
A list of the schools Tolland students are attending and a list of the number of students accepted at each college was included in the report and is posted above.
Here are a few of the more well-attended schools:
Colleges Attended by the Tolland Class of 2012
- University of Connecticut - 30
- Eastern Connecticut State University - 18
- Manchester Community College - 43
College Acceptances of Tolland Students
- Central Connecticut State University - 19
- University of Connecticut - 72
- Eastern Connecticut State University -37
- University of Hartford - 11
- Keene State College - 8
- Manchester Community College - 47
- University of Massachusetts, Amherst - 10
- University of New Hampshire - 12
- Northeastern University - 12
- Quinnipiac University - 10
- University of Rhode Island - 14
- Roger Williams University - 16
- Southern Connecticut State University - 14
- University of Vermont - 8
- Western Connecticut State University - 8
- Western New England University - 8
A total of 706 college applications were completed for 213 institutions across 27 states and outside of the country.
For the full report on the class of 2012, visit the school district website.